For malls ( and cities ) the free-wifi-service defines the latest WLAN-solution in Europe!
With the opening on 10/24/2013 of the shopping mall „Hofgarten Solingen“ we also offered the free wifi service .
The Wi-Fi has a coverage of almost 100% in significant movement areas and visitors can receive comprehensive information about the mall and existing shops. They can also visit selected websites and use social networks, free of charge of course. Free surfing is also possible by an SMS-identification. Sponsored services of the project „SOBUS“ are also included.
So here orginated the first urban, wireless information and marketing network in Europe ( smart city ).
Over 70.000 smartphones used the service up to early December 2013 – rising trend – so an range extension is planned.
Services currently implemented:
• Information about every shop
• Map of the three shopping floors
• Show next dates, events or sales
• Channel for customer feedback
• Social-media-network whitelisting
• Limited external internet access ( whitelist )
• Food-Court with local news
• Better integration of shopping centers in our free-wifi-service
• Article informations, goods in stock or sales for examples
• More informations and connected services